Sunday, July 12, 2009

Why comics?


A few months ago someone asked me why I am inspired by comics. He just didn't get it.
When my mother introduced me to comic books, she did it so that I could learn english faster. She thought that with the images I would learn at a much expeditious pace. She did not anticipate that It would become a relationship between the characters in the comic book and myself. The world of comics, in spite of the typical geek connotation, has a lot of popular subtence. Since comic books have been around they have changed with the era.
The fact is that it may have started as a distraction for children in the 1950's, but since then the characters in the comic books have evolved from just saving people and having the power of flight and laser vision. To having problems as any other real bone and flesh person. For example batgirl recently came out of the closet, green latern has a been noted to have been a bigot, even some characters have died as a way of reflecting the age in which we live.
As my love for comics grew so did my imagination, I became so involved with the narration and description of the characters that I made up my own.

No comments: